Using the fabric as a starting point, we’ve painted the room and made a few “designer” decisions (stay tuned).
My project this weekend was sewing the duvet cover. I used the designer fabric for the top, and decided on a purple and white polka dot fabric for the underside (originally a dress fabric, but it works!). All in all, this was a pretty easy project. It was literally sewing two pieces of fabric together. Remembering to make a slit in the side for the duvet.
I decided to add in a bright green piping. I thank Lenee Alexander over at ehow.com for teaching me how to sew piping! Nothing like propping the laptop up beside the sewing machine!