Monday, May 12, 2008

etsy

i have a project of a different kind to share this morning. i've been playing around with the idea of starting a little business for a while now. i knew one of these days i was going to have to stop talking about it and actually get off my comfy couch and do it. so, here i go.

i'm planning on opening an etsy shop. quirky kid designs. i hope to be up and running in the next week or so. i'm trying to decide which items to sell. i've narrowed it down to a few items. let me know what you think! (i could really use the help!)


choice #1 - customized alphabet shelf












choice #2 - joyeau* towel holder
















choice #3 - diaper caddy



















choice #4 - enia boxes



















tell me what you think about these choices. also, i need a little help on the price point...let me know how much you'd buy them for! thank you!

3 comments:

k8theriver said...

diaper caddy.

Annie I said...

Great choices! I especially love the diaper caddy. The book Craft, Inc. by Meg Mateo Ilasco has a lot of useful information on how to price your work.

I'd like to build some things for my kids myself....what kind of blade do you use on the jigsaw to get clean cuts on MDF? My husband & I made our kids a train table but some of the cuts were a little uneven. (We're total beginners...)

Looking forward to seeing your Etsy shop!

Carolyn said...

Thanks, Annie. I'll definitely check out that book.

I just use a 60T carbide tipped saw blade. I've found the key to cutting mdf is to not hesitate...push your piece through in one glide. I use my guide with every cut as well. Good luck on your next project!